You know how all the cool bloggers have those cool boards in their cool photographs and their cool personalities? (you know who) I'm obviously jealous, I mean, how unfair can life get! They're not only beautiful human beings, they're great bakers, have a good supply of mason jars and have cool wooden boards! Come on! So let's kick them in the butt and show them what the little people can do.
Homemade Wooden Board
Enough wooden planks for size desired. + 2
Desired paint color
1. Align planks to check for fit. Making sure the 2 planks used for glueing at the bottom is long enough.
2. Take out one plank at the end and glue that one first.
3. Parallel to the first plank, glue the rest of the planks accordingly, making sure to leave enough gap for weather expansion/contraction.
4. Leave for one hour where glue is most wet then, stack weighing objects on top of the planks. Set aside overnight. (It's good to do this on a free area)
5. Mix some water paint with water. This is so that the paint doesn't over-coat the wood. We want some of that wood texture to surface.
6. Pain another coat if needed for depth. Set aside overnight
I painted the planks with a shade of grey before painting it with the Tosca paint. A mixture of dark blue, sky blue, dark green, light green, dark purple and violet. As you can see, i was desperate.
Voila! Tell me, did i or did i kick butts?
If that didn't hurt their butts enough, I'm serving ya'll with a great granola recipe.
I regret not using a redder jam, it would have been a very pretty granola.
Kicking ass like always,