24 April 2012

Plum Jam with Black Tea and Cinnamon


How far are you willing to go to prove a point?
I'd go pretty far. Just my bad mixture of pride, competitiveness and a hint of suck-it-bitch-! attitude.

Anyway, here's plum jam for you. Who knew plum jams can be this good?! With cinnamon and black tea, it's no ordinary jam. (gasp!) Yea, you heard me.
Thanks to Noelia for the post here. Although mine turned out more red than purple, I assumed I'm doing it right.

 Plum Jam with Black Tea and Cinnamon
600 g Plum 
300 g Sugar
1/2 Orange juice
2 Tea bags
1 Cinnamon stick
1. Cut and core the plums. Add sugar and orange juice and let rest for at least an hour. (At this point you could opt to pulse everything in a food processor)
2. Add all ingredients and transfer mixture into a medium pot.
3. Cook the plums until mixture thickens. (According to personal preference)
4. Take out the tea bags and cinnamon stick. Sieve if desired and transfer into a canning jam.
5. Turn the jar upside down whilst jam is still piping hot. This will keep the jam in tip-top shape for 1 year if jar is not opened. Let cool.
So how far are you willing to go to prove a point?
Are we stubborn people.

Jams Up,
Jes

23 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a very unique, delicious sounding jam - I'm crazy about jams and love how you can incorporate an almost infinite number of ingredients for fun, fabulous jams like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ The Cafe Sucre Farine: Thank you, dear, I didn't know jams could be fun.. :) Will try crazier stuff next.

      Delete
  2. Confession time: I have never tried making homemade jam. This recipe and the combination of flavors, however, just made the top of my to-make list. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ruby: Yuppers! I'm a beginner as well...

      Delete
  3. Black tea in jam. Caffeine hit in jam! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ WokandSpoon: YES!! the more Caffeine the better! ;D

      Delete
  4. This combination of flavours sounds absolutely incredible. Tea lends such gorgeous depth of flavour to sweet dishes and I can imagine the cinnamon really brings it to life - I might have to have a go at making this as I was to make a crostata soon and need some homemade jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ thelittleloaf: YEA!!! the tea. Such bittersweet aroma to sugar. Then the cinnamon, a kick in the pants. :) I was just open to homemade jam. I think it's a little too sweet but was afraid to alter anything too much. (what if they don't thicken?!)

      Delete
  5. Come on!!! It looks amazing!!
    Now you are the queen of jams! :) I love them all, they are easy to make, healthier and you can cook 836273682763 flavours! :D Plus they taste a million times better than the store ones!

    About the colour its because i used another type of plum mine was all dark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Noelia: MASTER! Thank you! :) I need to ask what if we reduce the amount of sugar, will it thicken?! (I was looking for the purple plum)...

      Delete
  6. Plum jam flavoured with black tea and cinnamon.....I am thoroughly tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Angie: I thought you'd love it ;)

      Delete
  7. 1. I think I need this jam. Like, now.
    2. Also, I have been blessed with the strongest family gene: stubbornness. This generally means I'll do anything to prove a point. Even if it means looking like a complete arse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Movita: Stubbornness. Yes, we all are.. And we turn into asses :D

      Delete
  8. Yum!! I've been thinking I'd like to try out some homemade jam myself, and this looks like the perfect way to start! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Treble: heya! if you're not a sweet-tooth person, I reckon using less sugar. It's a little too sweet for me although the house doesn't think so.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I will definitely try that! I used to have a huge sweet tooth, but now I can't stand to eat much sugar anymore. It's weird, but probably good.

      Delete
    3. @ Treble Tart: It's definitely good :D

      Delete
  9. Woww, i love the combination ! I always make homemade jams, and i love to try new flavours ! Grat photos too.
    Hugs.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ana Maria Ciolacu: I visited your web and all looked familiar. Then i realised, Oh I often went there, got jealous of your pictures and pout.

      Delete
  10. What do you mean by 1/2 orange juice? Exactly how much? Would love to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much is 1/2 orange juice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juice of half of an orange.. Hope you like it..

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...