Its coming to the end of November. It's getting colder in the states, hotter in Australia and same ol' humid in Asia. This pronounces holiday season, we would gain a few pounds, know a few more people, learn a few new things and 2011 would pass.
|So, here we have,|
Spicy Oregano Tuna Mac Casserole with Chinese Sausages, Topped with Crispy Hash Browns. In short, Tuna Casserole.
25 g Butter
4 cloves of Garlic minced
4 cloves of Red Shallots sliced
1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano flakes
1/2 tsp red Paprika powder
250ml of Whole milk
30 g Cheddar cheese (Optional)
3 tbsp all-purpose Flour
200 g of Sausage/ Bacon/ Ham/ Chicken Breast
1 can of Spicy Tuna
Salt and Pepper to taste (depending on the sausage/ham/bacon you choose)
50 g Macaroni
50 g Spaghetti
50 g Egg Noodles
200 g Hash Browns
preheat oven to 350F/175C
1. Going from the top, melt the butter on medium heat.
2. Saute garlic and shallot until browned and fragrant.
3. Stir in Oregano and Paprika. Adding the dry herbs at this point would ensure that all the flavor would be activated. I recommend adding different herbs such as thyme, rosemary or cumin.
4. Pour in the milk and wait for it to boil before quickly stirring in the cheese.
5. When the cheese melts, add flour by the tablespoon. It should reach the consistency of a paste. Test-taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
6. Quickly add in the meats. Make sure the meats are sealed, then, turn off the heat.
6. Stir in the pastas and noodles and pour it into desired dishes.
7. Lastly, break the hash brown into tiny pieces and gently push it into the surface of the casserole.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, turn and bake for another 30 minutes. If Hash brown topping browns to quickly, cover with an Aluminum foil and place dish on the lower shelf in the oven.
I reckon Milk and herbs are the basis of a good cream. It doesn't take cheese to combine a casserole together, hence, its optional. A Casserole dish is awesome because its a "throw in one pot" type of meal. Anything you like, everything in moderation and add one or two special ingredients, such as, red wine or 10 types of mushrooms or Coriander. You've got yourself a warm fuzzy meal.