My long-awaited desire to try recipes by Russell from Chasing Delicious was well rewarded. Thus, announcing my victory against the cookie army.
Yes!! I won you little pieces of cunning devils.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Chasing Delicious)
4 oz unsalted butter
4 oz sugar (have to disappoint Russell here, I did not use any fancy schmancy sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
7 oz bread flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt + a little for sprinkling
4 oz dark chocolate chopped
4 oz milk chocolate chopped (or a bar of Ritter sport)
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
2. Combine butter with sugar.
3. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir.
4. Pour in the flour, baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt
5. Stir in the chopped chocolates.
6. In a lined pan, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough 1-inch width, an inch apart from each other. Sprinkle the cookie doughs with little salt.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes for chewy cookies, 13-15 minutes for crispier cookies. After 6-8 minutes in the oven, flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon and place it back in the oven.
8. Let rest on cooling rack before storing in an airtight container
Victory is mine,