16 March 2012

Blueberry Cream Cheese Vanilla And Chocolate Chips Cinnamon Muffins


I can see in the dark. I mean, I am trained to live in the dark. When the sun is down, I like to switch off all lights in the room and catch up on various TV series.This was difficult for everyone else. Seeing as I'm sharing my room and the constant need for people to come into the room in search for the stupidest things at the stupidest hours. Unlike me, they have not been trained to see in the dark feel in the dark. 

My long and constantly untidy black hair paired with my immediate "Hissss!" the moment a light is turned on, often leaves people in disarray. Ah, those shocked faces, always a pleasure.

That's how I'm able to eat in the dark, without leaving crumbs all over the place. This does not portray elegance or discipline of any sort, which I'm very much short of. But until you learn how to feel in the dark, sweetcakes, you are not allowed to bring food to the bed. Understood, Bambi?

Anyway, I chose to use a muffin recipe that is rated and reviewed by over 5,400 people. To Die for Blueberry muffins from All-recipes by Colleen. I adapted it to the following:

Blueberry Cream Cheese Vanilla Muffins and Chocolate Chips Cinnamon Muffins
190 g all-purpose flour
100 g white caster sugar
6 g baking powder
3 g baking soda
3 g salt

80 ml vegetable oil
1 egg (rm temp)
80 ml milk (rm temp)

3 ml Vanilla Essence or 3 g Cinnamon Powder
70 g fresh blueberries
30 g cream cheese (cut in chunks)
70 g chocolate chips / chunks (of any brand)

1. Preheat oven to 400 fahrenheit/ 200 celsius. 
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt together. In a separate bowl combine vegetable oil, egg and milk.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry one and mix until just incorporated.
4. Divide batter into 2. Add blueberry, vanilla and cream cheese in one. Add chocolate chip/chunk and cinnamon in the other. 
5. Pour batter into lined or sprayed muffin tins to the brim. (For those who love tall muffins)
6. You should have 6 big muffins or 9 smaller muffins depending on the tray you have.
7. For bigger muffins, bake in oven at 185 celsius for 30 minutes. For smaller muffins, bake at 200 celsius for 20 minutes. 
8. Remove from heat and cool on rack.

Let me tell you something about this recipe. It is not a cupcake'ish muffin. So if you're looking for something pretty, hop along! This is a muffin muffin. The original quick-bread muffin. Its moist, its dense yet completely puffed up so that you can tear it apart like...your overdue bills! The batter is thick and really easy to handle (as ever a muffin should be). The cream cheese chunks with tangy blueberry, and cinnamon with bittersweet chocolate, just imagine it! All enveloped in sweet dense quick-bread of a muffin and a crunchy top baked to golden perfection. Salivating yet, folks?

Off to food,
Jes

11 comments:

  1. These muffins look delicious - 5,400 people know what they're talking about! They look really squidgy and most - wish I could reach into the screen and steal a bite right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thelittleloaf: 5,400 people do! I tried the screen thingy, it didn't work... and i couldn't taste your pie! :(

      Delete
  2. Oh bambi can and will eat in bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Anonymous: We will seeeeee......

      Delete
  3. LOL I laughed out loud reading this as I sit here, in the dark, on my iPad as I do each night when the familia are snoring away. it my time and although I'm sure sitting in the dark is probably bad for my eyes, I don't care!

    I love the sound of these muffins and I have no doubt your adaption will make them better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Tara: Nothing like that is bad for the eyes! -whistles... They are really great, actually!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks beyond delicious, I'll definately have to try this soon!!!
    http://eatandtheneatsomemore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Marina: Its super easy! trust me!

      Delete
  5. ok, these look truly amazing and i love how you styled them! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These will go out in a flash! Literraly in seconds in my home.. I am loving everything about it in the recipe. These muffins sure puts a smile on my face this very dreadful morning. ;). Thanks for the Support Jes!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Marissa: And now i've found a new blog to read, yours! :)

      @ Jo: Thank you, jo! What i love about it is, its original recipe ain't that big a fuss. Its only 6 - 9 muffins and half of it are the fillings and toppings!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...